Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Climbing the Ladder

So um, this whole growing up thing?

When does it start? Pretty sure I'm right in the middle of this whole thing and its a lit-tle weird.
I got a big girl job.

I left my crazy 18 hour days for a promotion in the most positive direction I could possibly imagine.

I get to love my class and each class in my building while managing the staff and all the paper worky type stuff that makes my OCD brain happy.
This makes me insanely happy.

Which brings me to a side note... I am such a happy camper. I am seriously easy to please. Why the HELL is that a problem for men to wrap their little tiny brains around? I do some girlie things, like complain. And shop, and obsess over my weight. But I honestly could find something to smile about for the rest of my life, each and every single day.And it is my goal to do just that.I also love to bring that simplistic joy to those around me as well. So is it the fact that I can already do that that scares people? I have no freaking clue. Side note over.and breathe.

But anyway, this promotion kind of came abruptly. Even so that my resume is not where it should be and the big big boss that hired me is keeping an eye on me so my credentials get taken care of so I can stay in my position. Which is awesome. I love having a fire under my ass. But wow. I got promoted.

Someone jump up and down for me. This is super exciting. I, for the first time ever allowed myself to be open and pushed myself in the right direction to get to where I want to be. (wohoo, go meeeee,yep, singing and dancing to myself, NBD)
I even made it clear to my boss and our bigger boss that I want to do it all. I want to run the world. And there is open knowledge of this plan.

Another thing I never did before. I am sharing my plans and I am goal setting. Mark my words, I will be back in Baltimore within 2 years running my own center.

I long so much to be with my youngest brother as he goes through high school and after that I lose him. It's crazy to think of 5 years from now. I mean he will be going to college. But he literally just had his first day of 8th grade today. I might need to slow my role here. But the idea behind it all is goal setting. Not fretting about the future. I have a place I want to be in my life.

But I need to put on the brakes for a little. I just got my new role and I want to be the best at it first before I can even think about taking on everything else.
And I worked my ass off with two jobs to get here. I was a zombie for quite some time. I didn't really have a social life.I swore off men.
(I did go on one, fantastic rained out picnic turned ice skating date) ( I did go knocking on the door of the past) ( I did flirt my ass off, knowing I wasn't going to give any relationship a second glance) ( I did long for having it all) (I don't regret a moment)


.. so here I am. Happy and Successful and though I felt a little odd in this place, for just a moment, I've started to settle in. To my new role.

Because if I haven't been discovered yet, I guess I will just keep playing myself in this movie called Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write It! Shout It! Let me hear all about it!