Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Major Recovery 5.13.2008

Major Recovery
Current mood: rebellious

Oh man is my body in major need of some recovery time. I, doctor whittington have decided that my shin splints were always a result of a stress fracture underneath.Self diagnosed, yes, but it is likely the truth. I cannot run without an extreme amount of pain anymore. Good, Great, Grand. So I have decided that running is out until race day. Only cycling and swimming until then and maybe some moderate jogging when I get closer to race day. 18 days and counting! Damnit. I guess thats what I get for being a slow piece of poop who suddenly decided to do a Triathlon!
You better believe this will not hinder my performance on race day. I will absolutely give it my all and the result will ultimately be, me crossing the finish line with a smile on my face. Just like I set out to do.
This however may hinder my plans to go straight forward into an Olympic distance Triathlon in D.C. in September. Who knows.. I will have to stop by an actual Doctor of Medicine and see what the verdict is. After race day of course.

Besides that things are good. I just got back from a weekend full of my bestest best friend Morgan. I went down to Blacksburg to celebrate her graduation. I am so proud of her it is unbelievable. There was even an argument at dinner before her graduation that showed me just how passionate she is about what she does. She is an amazing woman and I have a lot to learn from her. But for now she is all graduated and will be coming back to me tomorrow for the summer. ( Until she leaves me again for North Carolina. )So this summer should be great, her and I together again! That may or may not spell trouble for everyone else around us.. so prepare yourselves accordingly.
But anyway just being back down there is good for my soul. There are certain places in this world that just bring a sense of calm and peace into me. Blacksburg is one of those places. Dewey Beach is another place like that and I cannot freaking wait to get back there either. I love the people there and I have even more reason to love it now. I joked with my roommate Erin earlier in the weekend that there were so many potential new boyfriends that I couldnt decide and I may bring at least 12 of them home with me. Well little did I know that I would really meet someone that I would want to bring home with me {the others were just hotties that I spotted from across the room , but all potential boyfriends in my mind} I don't want to go all into girly mode and gush about him but I am just truly glad I went down to Blacksburg this weekend. Later this summer it may prove to be very worthwhile. I just love being back in that beginning phase... I'm pretty sure all girls love this part! Oh no am I turning into a girl again?!? Noooo!! Haha
As far as the rest of my life is concerned... I came to the conclusion that I have to do what is right for me. Seems easy enough. But that means not staying where I am . Unfortunately I feel I have been manipulated to the point that quitting will be no easy task. I don't know if it ever is but I hate giving up on things.. I hate being the bad guy and I hate walking away from a good thing. I have found that out in multiple facets of my life in the past few months. I am a big fat baby when it comes to letting things go. Even if they are meant to go and maybe they were even supposed to go much earlier. This will be a good test for me to stand up and assert myself and face the consequences. Even as I write this I have butterflies in my stomach. I have bigger and better things ahead of me and I cannot just ignore them because I am scared. I know this portion of my blog is pretty vague but it's been months of this back and forth and I am just ready to put aside all the uneasiness and move forward now. I am going to do it! Today! I am listening to my playlist on myspace...which i love. And right now Carrie Underwood's "Wasted" is on. How can I not make a move with Carrie telling me not to waste any more time! Okays so I must go, I have things I have to take care of !
And as my aunt said.. not Run Forrest Run.. instead it is now Swim Sammy the Seal Swim! And maybe even Bike Lance Bike!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write It! Shout It! Let me hear all about it!